How do you reset an iBook?

E

Extra Terrestri

Hello all,

I am selling my iBook for an upgrade to a PowerBook this weekend. The aBay bidder wants the iBook in a 'new condition' therefore means that I have to reset the system before posting it tomorrow at the post office.

I have never done it before and the manual (I think!) does not explain or state how to reset the iBook.

So, I guess I would like to know how to do it and I'll be thankful to whoever helps.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
Extra Terrestri said:
Hello all,

I am selling my iBook for an upgrade to a PowerBook this weekend. The aBay bidder wants the iBook in a 'new condition' therefore means that I have to reset the system before posting it tomorrow at the post office.

I have never done it before and the manual (I think!) does not explain or state how to reset the iBook.

So, I guess I would like to know how to do it and I'll be thankful to whoever helps.

Cheers.

does he want you to reset it so you have no documents or delete MAC OS X altoghether????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Extra Terrestri said:
Delete all please.
i dont actually know asked schweb or rman although i think you could go onto mac hardrive select network click servers and where it says your name with the hardrive symbol underneath delete that as that contains mac os x.

Do not trust me on this but it just myte wokr?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and good luck with the powerbook

iBOOKs rule

Reaction score
Put in the OS X CD, Boot Holding C, go to disk utility and format the drive then re-install OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.