help optimizing speed for my powerbook

Reaction score
Hello

I have a powerbook 1.5 PowerPC G4.....256MB build in RAM and 1GB..I think memory is maxed out. I have a 80 GB HD with 35+GB free. I have just done a clean-up of the HD.
It is still running well but I remember it being faster previously. I shot a wedding recently and maxed out the harddrive for a few months while I was editing and cataloging photographs.
I finally got all of that under my belt and have cleaned up the system and freed up as much space as possible at the moment and I figured it should run better.
It still runs well, so I have no reason to believe that there actually is a problem but maybe there are hidden files and cache that I am not using anymore that is bogging down my system. Is there any build in program that comes with the operating for cleaning up the drives or optimizing performaces?
thx,
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.