Formac vs. El Gato EyeTV 200

R

rgohlke

I am looking for a TV tuner with PVR capabilities that gives me a better picture in large size on my 17 inch iMac than the USB version of the EyeTV that I currently have, Unless the window in small size, it is not a good picture. Which do people prefer, the Formac or the El Gato EyeTV 200, which are both firewire.

Thanks for your opinions,
Robert

OP
S

sanqi

I've heard that the Formac software is terrible, and both devices crash and are generally very unpredictable. It seems that the original EyeTV is the most reliable but delivers at reduced quality. It is surprising that Apple does not make their own device or have better overall support, to complement software like iDVD. I went to the Apple Store the other day and a salesman said the best solution would be to get a digical camcorder and pass the input through that, though at the moment I would prefer something like EyeTV. Aren't there any other solutions?

OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

ya, i am also very curious on this subject. i'm going to college soon, and i was hoping to use my mac as my tv as well, whenver in my room. are these two products really not a good idea?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.