A couple of problems.

Reaction score
So I have a couple of reoccurring problems that fix once I restart my computer but I'd rather not have to restart all the time.

• The play/pause, fast forward, rewind, volume and brightness buttons don't work.

• I cant empty the trash. I get "Operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some items."

• Can't open some programs. If I close safari and try to open it it just bounces in the dock for a while then stops.

All of these problems usually occur at the same time and seem to go away after I restart for a while and then come back.

Note that instead I rarely turn my computer off I just put it in sleep mode. The only time I turn it off is if I'm not going to use if for more than 24 hours.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums

(Note I hardly ever shutdown my MBP I always put it to Sleep instead)

Ok, boot your MBP into your original install disk, once booted go to Utilities > Disk Utility.
Click your HDD, click the First Aid tab, click Repair Disk, after completed click Repair Disk Permissions.
This takes a while so be patient with it.

Hope this helps :)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.