New: Office 2008 OR ????

Reaction score
I am new to the MAC world and will be picking up my new macbook on Monday. I have been using Office 2008 since it was released and 2003 before that. I really like to have everything in one package. mail, calander, contacts. I am currantly useing mobileme and like it, but prefer the data to also be on my computer. Is there any programs out there for MAC that will alow this? Can you get outlook for MAC.... Any ideas? Thank You.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
grp318,

You could get Outlook if you installed Windows on your Mac and then installed Office 2007 in that copy of Windows. You can install Windows on your Mac through the Boot Camp Assistant (in your Applications>Utilities folder) or by way of a Virtual machine like Parallels or Fusion.

But since you have 2008 you know that Entourage is the Mac version of Outlook, although I don't know if they act the same or if the files are interchangeable...

If you think Windows is worth it to get Outlook on your Mac, do some research on both Boot Camp and Parallels/Fusion to understand the pros and cons of each method.

Good luck, Noel

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
grp318,

You could get Outlook if you installed Windows on your Mac and then installed Office 2007 in that copy of Windows. You can install Windows on your Mac through the Boot Camp Assistant (in your Applications>Utilities folder) or by way of a Virtual machine like Parallels or Fusion.

But since you have 2008 you know that Entourage is the Mac version of Outlook, although I don't know if they act the same or if the files are interchangeable...

I think he might have been mistaken, since he refers to having used Office 2003 previously.

Just to clarify: Office 2003 and Office 2007 are the Windows versions. Office 2004 and Office 2008 are the Mac versions. My guess is that you haven't tried MS Office for Mac yet. If indeed you do, Entourage is very similar, if not almost identical to Outlook. Sounds like that's what you're after.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.