New iPod Nano - Bluetooth to Ford Ka?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Anyone in UK know if the latest iPod Nano will pair with the new shape model of Ford Ka please, by Bluetooth? :Confused:

I know an iPod will work with the USB connection, but it would be really useful if the new one will work via Bluetooth, as this would avoid the need for cables. It would work with the device in my pocket.

If it makes any difference, I already have my mobile phone paired with the car to give hands-free use, also using the Bluetooth. The car is a 2012 model Ford Ka Titanium, with the optional USB/Bluetooth module.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Anyone in UK know if the latest iPod Nano will pair with the new shape model of Ford Ka please, by Bluetooth? :Confused:

Just curious...if the latest iPod Nano isn't compatible via bluetooth...is this a deal-breaker purchasing this vehicle?

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The way I read his post, it appears he already owns the vehicle but is asking about the latest iPod Nano?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I have the vehicle and use an iPod connected with the USB socket.

However, this requires plugging it in each time and removing it so it doesn't get stolen.

I am likely to get a new iPod Nano soon and am wondering if it will pair automatically via Bluetooth as my mobile phone does.

C

chas_m

The short answer is yes, the latest iPod nano supports Bluetooth (4.0, even) so it should be able to pair up to your stereo. You'll want to check with the Kia dealer to be sure, but it should work fairly painlessly.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks.

It is a Ford not a Kia, but I'll give it a try once I get the new Nano :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.