Is this useful

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
"Useful" is a relative term.;) There appears to be a free component to the app...so download it & try it out.

But from what I see...it's an app that claims to improve some features in the Mac OS. There are probably 100's and 100's of this sort of app (maybe 1000's). So should we buy them all??

The bottom line...do you need/want what this app claims to do? If you do...then you may want to purchase it. It's really a personal choice sort of decision.:)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I use it as a launcher and it works well. Saves me the trouble of scrolling and finding the app. If I want to launch the Calculator, I hit Option+Space, begin typing "Calcu" and it shows me what I want, hit enter and you're done..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Ashwin: you could do that in spotlight with fewer steps. Just sayin'.

True, but Alfred does allow for a few more things that are useful from a command line perspective, but the launching is one thing that came to mind immediately when I had posted then..

C

chas_m

I have no issues with Alfred, but someone learning the Mac should, you know, learn the Mac first. Learn the basics, then you will be in a position to know if third-party programs will be of real benefit to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.