MacBook Pro 17"

A

amoayeri

anyone know if there is going to be 17" model available anytime soon? I have 1.25GHZ powerbook G4 15" and can not wait any longer to upgarde but since i use the laptop as desktop replacement i might wait for 17".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
amoayeri said:
anyone know if there is going to be 17" model available anytime soon? I have 1.25GHZ powerbook G4 15" and can not wait any longer to upgarde but since i use the laptop as desktop replacement i might wait for 17".
You can definitely wait. I have a friend who still uses his Titanium PowerBook as his primary computer at college and has no problems doing so. You don't need to be in any rush; just wait for the 17-incher. You'll be glad you did when you watch DVDs on that thing with Front Row and the Apple Remote.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
amoayeri said:
I have 1.25GHZ powerbook G4 15" and can not wait any longer to upgarde
What is the rush to "upgrade"? Its not as if your machine is anywhere near being "long in the tooth" and in any need of upgrading. I have had PowerBook G3's running Panther and updated, current apps with no problems. Your current machine should last you for a few years yet. I can understand the want to upgrade it, but there certainly isn't a desperate need for it.
If you are dead set on a 17" MacBook, I would suggest waiting. Nobody knows when or if one if even coming out or when, so sit tight. Your machine is more than adequate.

:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.