• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Funny how things go full circle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
So after winning a 1ghz powerbook online and finalizing my plans to move back up to Rhode Island (My mom apologized for everything.) , I couldn't help but laugh as I smoked the day's last cigarette.

I'm going to have to sell my MacBook to pay my dad the $450 I still owe him for it. I don't want to leave here owing him money. Plus I won't need it when I'm back in Rhode Island. The 1GHz titanium powerbook will be just fine for what I need up there. However the fact a 1GHz TiBook was going to be my main 'book soon made me chuckle.

It was my now ex girlfriend who got me into Apples - she had a 1GHz TiBook.
I met her on October 21sh, 2007. I'm supposed to get my TiBook on the 21st of October. Plus I just think it's kinda cool that out of the 20+ Apples I've had in the past year, I'm ending it with the kind that got it all started.

....Plus I got the TiBook for $50 ;) Can't complain about that!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
20 macs in a year, only to end up with one? How does that happen? :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
do you mean apple products in general? or just Mac computers? Twenty computers in on e year is so much, how would you live changing computers almost twice a month.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Yeah, that is pretty crazy!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I used to be like that with cars too which is why the Jaguar I have right now is so special to me. I'll list all the Apples I've had since January:
-600MHz iBook G3
-300MHz Blue Clamshell
-500MHz TiBook
-366MHz Lime Clamshell
-3 more Blue Clamshells @300MHz
-2 Indigo Clamshells
-3 Tangerine Clamshells (I sold clamshells)
-700MHz eMac
-1.67 GHz Powerbook
-400MHz TiBook
-900MHz G4i iBook
-800MHz G4 iBook
-12" 1.33GHz Powerbook
- 2 MacBooks that were eBay disasters
-1.42 GHz 14" iBook
-This Macbook
-My Apple II
-500MHz G3 iBook
-Another 400MHz TiBook
-1GHz TiBook

I made a profit on all of them except the 1GHz TiBook (Of course) and this Macbook, and the ones I still have which are in my mac specs. Just sold the G3 iBook too for double profit.

20 computers in a year down to 1 how does that happen?
eeeeeeBaaaayyy!!

I'd love to get rid of my eMac too so I don't have to lug it up back up north. If anyone's interested let me know - it's green, not white.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.