Best Photoshop Book

Reaction score
Anyone know whats the best book for learning Photoshop CS???

Preferably designing interfaces and layout for websites.

But I suppose some cartoon type stuff aswel

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive only read maybe 1 or 2 books tops on photoshop that are actually worth reading, both are by scott kelby, I met him a while back at a photoshop seminar. I tutor lots of people at my school, photoshop, illustrator, indesign, quark, anything pretty much. anyway, I think the books were um, photoshop cs killer tips or something, and killer type effects in photoshop or something,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Macman said:
Ive only read maybe 1 or 2 books tops on photoshop that are actually worth reading, both are by scott kelby, I met him a while back at a photoshop seminar. I tutor lots of people at my school, photoshop, illustrator, indesign, quark, anything pretty much. anyway, I think the books were um, photoshop cs killer tips or something, and killer type effects in photoshop or something,
Those are great as well.

D

dreric1kansas

How to Wow Photoshop for the Web by Kabili and Smith

There is a great tutorial for exporting to SWF in p.94 95 and P. 141 in the book How to Wow Photoshop for the Web by Kabili and Smith (fantastic and well done book).
I have it reviewed BTW at my site at
http://www.maccompanion.com/archives/november2004/books/HowtoWow.html
I recommend this book at anyone wanting to do SWF and photoshop book- It is one of the best I have seen in many years

FILE>EXPORT>MacCROMEDIA FLASH SWFExpoert dialog box choose the following setting and click ok
make sure preserve appearance is unchecked
check generate HTML which tells Imageready to create an HTML file with code to display your SWF in a web browser
Leave other options at their default

Hope that helps

Dr. Eric Flescher, ([email protected]), editor MacsU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to : [email protected]) , MacCompanion Reviewer/writer (Home - MacTech.com); moderator [email protected]- to subscribe [email protected]; editor TechU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to PC version TechU.N.I.T.E.- Technology Users Network for Integrating Technology into Education- to subscribe send email to [email protected]: [email protected])

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.