new Mac mini sound problem in WindowsXP

Reaction score
I just buy new Mac mini and It work well in OSX but when I use bootcamp to install WindowsXP SP3 I found big problem with my speaker.

When I select Cirrus Logic HD Audio divice ..
Sound is out put in mono when I check in Volume Control Speaker can change balance left/right well but in Wave column when I change it just output sound from left or right from my file but in both speaker.

With HDMI Device(NVIDIA High Definition Audio) connect to tv and check with same method it work what it should be...

It would be better if I can use Cirrus Logic device
somebody help me please. T_T

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you update your copy of Boot Camp. Download Boot Camp 2.2 from the Apple site. Note: You must first install Boot Camp 2.1 before 2.2 can be loaded. And... important! The updates are done from within Windows.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, it would have been better if you stated which version of OS X you were using to begin with. That would have saved time recommending Boot Camp downloads that you do not need.

The sound is controlled through Windows by the driver which was installed from your Snow Leopard DVD. I would use whatever it defaults to. You should be getting stereo sound from your headphones and speakers.

The only thing I can suggest it to open the sound control panel in Windows XP and make sure all the settings are correct and you have nothing muted. Also check the sound balance controls.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.