iPhone apps disappeared

Reaction score
I just bought a new 1000 Gig hard drive for my ibook G4. i originally had my itunes on an external drive anyway, but i moved it to the new hard drive. i then went in to find that all my apps have disappeared from the applications folder.. where did they go? why did this happen? how do i get them all back? i have not emptied my trash so i have not deleted anything. i still have them on my phone so they are not gone. but i still want them. some help please.

OP
R
Reaction score
iPhone APPS DISAPEARED

I just bought a new 1000 Gig hard drive for my ibook G4. i originally had my itunes on an external drive anyway, but i moved it to the new hard drive. i then went in to find that all my apps have disappeared from the applications folder.. where did they go? why did this happen? how do i get them all back? i have not emptied my trash so i have not deleted anything. i still have them on my phone so they are not gone. but i still want them. some help please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
all i can think is that the apps were either;
not copied from the first external hard drive correctly,
OR
they were never copied, have a look around on the old external hard drive,
sorry i couldn't help more.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged Duplicate Threads

OP
R
Reaction score
Disapearing Apps

i have had a bit more problem now. i get a message saying "itunes library can not be saved the required disk can not be found" this is a very funny message seeing i was listening to music at the time of the error message. i do have some of hte apps backed up, so i copied them back in and there is now a mobile apps folder in my itunes folder that is not or was not on my old hard drive. i am so lost..i have no idea what is going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.