Jailbreaking now legal in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Since I'm on my iPhone and can't really see every thread easily as if I was on my Mac, I'm not sure if it's already been covered..

Jailbreaking Now Legal?

So now that jailbreaking and carrier unlocking is LEGAL in the USA, can we discuss jailbreaking and unlocking here on the forums.. It is legal after all. Ofcourse threads about illegal stuff like downloading pirated apps should be banned but the legal stuff should be allowed...

Also now that's its legal to jailbreak, you can enable FaceTime over 3G =]

Regards,

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yes this has already been covered. And Mac-Forums already published it's statement regarding this issue and it feels towards it. I can't find the links now but someone will I'm sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
At least 3 or 4 various threads created on this subject in different sections of these forums.
Here's the link the8thark was looking for. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/209466-jailbreaking-now-permissible-discussion.html

So now that jailbreaking and carrier unlocking is LEGAL in the USA, can we discuss jailbreaking and unlocking here on the forums..

And FWIW, unlocking had nothing to do with the recent ruling on jailbreaking. I don't remember if discussion of unlocking is allowed on here, but this news doesn't have any effect on whatever the Mac-Forums' stance is/was on unlocking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
moved and

Please be sure to search first, you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.

Thanks for understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.