anyone recommend the latest iPod shuffle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
I was wondering about the latest iPod shuffle with voiceover. I want an ipod for working out (lifting weights, running/walking). I have an iPhone 3G but I don't want to risk dropping it when I am working out. Would you recommend the iPod shuffle or the new iPod nano?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
It works and has plenty of memory, it's very light, even a biker could carry it most of the day. I have my doubts about the position of the volume control. In the V would have been better. Supposedly there is an alternative headset in the pipeline, I find the usual buds uncomfortable and they allow too much ambient noise in. ;D

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Lycoming. Would you rather have the iPod nano or the iPod shuffle for working out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
For pure convenience in a gym, ie "I just want some music to take my mind off the pain" the shuffle ticks the boxes. It's inconspicuous and will not get in your way. My daughter has the nano and I'd be more frightened of bending it.

The shuffle is also now available in "Village People Pink" but you really don't want to go there, unless wearing Lycra! :D :D :D

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I think the shuffle is the way to go when working out and you're right I would be worried about ruining the nano plus it's a lot more money. And I have the iPhone so I really don't need the features that the nano has

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.26, 4GB Ram, 160GB HD, WD 2TB, 24" ACD. iPad 64GB 3G. iPhone 4 32GB Unlocked.
I have a black 4GB with the scosche tap stick. Without the tapstick I don't think I would like the shuffle, but with it is pretty nice. The tapstick makes it slightly bigger but it's still small and light, you really don't notice it when running or biking.

All in all i like mine.

funny side note, I really didn't know it did the voice over thing, I had it plugged in in the car one day and held the tapstick button too long and it started talking and nearly made me drive off the road!!! (the volume was rather high)

Shawn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX10.9.0 MBA 2012 1.8Ghz/4Gb/128/ Iphone4/5S 16Gb
its small and cool but the problem are the headphones, u can only use apple headphones because the volume control is built in them... still its an awesome ipod

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.