Sound Card on Parallels not rcognized

Reaction score
Hi

I have tried elsewhere but no luck so want to ask you guys:

I installed WINDOWS XP (a stripped down version) for Parallels latest build. Unfortunately, I cant get the sound card to work. Everything else works fine. This same soundcard (well its a Macbook so it has to be the same) was discovered under Vista but not on XP.

I have tried using SigmaTel drivers from their website, got drivers from BootCamp but still didnt work.

Any advice and tips.

Thanx!

OP
A
Reaction score
oops i posted this in the wrong category. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

thanx :)

Reaction score
In the devices menu for Parallels did you check the sound card? Also go into Parallel tools and make sure the sound card is set to turn on at startup or use the Mac's.

I am just thinking of the simple things that could be turned off.

OP
A
Reaction score
In the devices menu for Parallels did you check the sound card? Also go into Parallel tools and make sure the sound card is set to turn on at startup or use the Mac's.

I am just thinking of the simple things that could be turned off.

Hi

Yup I checked all of those. Sound card is checked (and greyed out). Te sound option on the bottom right of the screen also says Status is active.

Maybe the problem could be that I am using a modified version of XP without all the frills so that why my sound driver wasnt recognized. Would it be possible for someone to check the name of the drivers installed for Macbook so that I may download them from driversguide. Thanx :)

Reaction score
I know when you install XP it does install drivers also.

I would help in the Mac driver area but I don't how to find out that info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.