My monitor keeps blinking/flashing!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the mac forum. Thanks for having me aboard.

Anywho, I just bought a BRAND NEW 20' hp w2007 monitor and also a power mac G5 tower. Both of which I tested out before I bought and were in working order. I plugged in my monitor yesterday and its flashing to black and back to the display screen every few seconds. I unplugged the connections and replugged them back in and it was fine for a while then it started to do it again. I'm not sure if its a bad connection or what. The display setting are at 1650 x 900 and the refresh rate is set at 65h, I have a ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128MB DDR Graphics Card in the G5. I hope its something as silly as a bad connector cable. Please help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does sound like a bad cable or the connector itself may be loose. Try another cable as that will be the easiest to do. Something else you might want to try.... pull the video card out of its socket and reseat it again making sure it's snug down tight.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
So I did everything that you mentioned and it still didnt work. So I took up to best buy and had them test out the monitor and the tower, turns out that they think its the div port on the monitor. So I'm exchanging it for another one, hopefully this will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.