installing wine on my powerbook g4

Reaction score
hey everyone... i am not sure if this is possible, but i would like to play some games on my mac powerbook g4 and i heard about a program called WINE but i am not sure how it works and if it would even work on my powerbook g4. so i was wondering if i could get some help on this subject? any help would be nice, thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
i may be wrong but i believe it is intel only

OP
h2o_spirals
Reaction score
sixslinger said:
i may be wrong but i believe it is intel only

hmm well if it is intel only, that wouldn't make any sense to me because on intel chipsets you can download bootcamp and just install windows through bootcamp... i just want to know if there is any way that i can run windows based applications on my mac?

S

sursuciofla

Be warned though, it will probably be very slow and it is not really for games. And Bootcamp on Intel Macs is totally different. G4 is not Intel so that is something you must live with or make a switch to Intel if you want more flexibility between windows and mac programs.

S

sursuciofla

Yes, that's the only way. Some apps are just not made for Macs and there is really no way around it.

OP
h2o_spirals
Reaction score
sursuciofla said:
Yes, that's the only way. Some apps are just not made for Macs and there is really no way around it.

well that sucks... i was hoping to play some games on my mac... grrr.. oh well, there is nothing i can do about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.