Lost itunes playlists

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a load of problems with my itunes duplicating and becoming completely clogged up and unbelievably slow to the point where the circle of death would come on before you had a chance to write the second letter of a word in search bar. I came to the conclusion that I had to delete everything and start again from scratch, Having now done this, I've lost my playlists...

Stupidly I thought they were backed up but it turns out they aren't. I dont have time machine and I've got an Ipod classic that has them all on, I dont want to connect it though and have it sync and automatically delete them from it as well! Which I presume it will do... Does anyone know anyway around this predicament?

Many thanks,

Sol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can connect your iPod, and just cancel the sync (then stop it syncing sutomatically from the summary page) or just quit iTunes.

But you'll need an app like Senuti to recover the playlists from your iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.