monitor problem (weird)

Reaction score
Good day all!

I have a problem with my usually awesome mac pro. I am running 2 dell monitors and have been for 6 or so months with no problems. Recently the monitors went to sleep, as normal, but I was unable to wake them up. The computer woke up (judging by the sound of it) but the monitors wouldn't wake. I tried unplugging them, hitting buttons on the keyboard, moving the mouse, turning them on and off, but no luck. I was forced to turn off the computer by holding the power button :\ . Now it keeps happening, even when I am actively using the computer, the monitors will go to sleep. I've looked at all the settings that I know of and I have turned the sleep function off completely. I don't know what else to do! It sees like a problem with the monitors because when they go to sleep, there is noc hange in the sound of the computer itself, leading me to believe that the computer isn't asleep, just the displays. I pushed a few buttons on the monitor while they are asleep and it says "power save mode, move mouse to wake", of course that doesn't work. I can't figure out why it started doing this all of the sudden or how to fix it. Appreciate any help you can give!

OP
J
Reaction score
Ah man, no ideas guys? The monitors are going to sleep every hour for no reason at all now. I use this computer for trading and really need to figure out whats wrong. I have the mac set to no sleep/screensaver. I've been through the monitor settings, but there isnt much there' I have no idea what could be causing this or how to fix it. :(

Reaction score
White MacBook iMac G3 Dell inspiron laptop Dell inspiron
Umm............................................... ...................................

Ah man, no ideas guys? The monitors are going to sleep every hour for no reason at all now. I use this computer for trading and really need to figure out whats wrong. I have the mac set to no sleep/screensaver. I've been through the monitor settings, but there isnt much there' I have no idea what could be causing this or how to fix it. :(

sTRANGE?
Umm...............
You mean the dells or the mac pro???
Umm...............
Oh man...
I don't know whats goin' on there.
Have you treid re-installing MAC OSX

If I was you I would ring up Apple

Reaction score
Jonbig,

Sorry I can't help you with your monitor issue. What trading software do you use that runs on a Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.