No One Can Answer? Score One For Windows

JRV

Reaction score
i have posted this a few times and get no help. my windows easily access my macs files. you would think that mac could do the same. nope. i can see my pc's but can't get into them.

K

Kokopelli

I would say score one for Mac since it shares properly. :)

What is the exact Windows OS ou are using. (I think I asked on another thread but if you replied I did not see it sorry.)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, What windows OS are you running on your PC? Are you sharing over a network I take it? When you try to access the windows shares, what does it say? Is it asking for Username/Password? If so and you are running XP Pro, put in Administrator then your administrator password. If it's Home, it can be a pain as by default there is no administrator password.

Tell us what version of Windows you are using. XP Home or Pro.

When in OSX click on Go then networking. Does the Windows machine show up there?

I

iDVFH.

JRV said:
i have posted this a few times and get no help. my windows easily access my macs files. you would think that mac could do the same. nope. i can see my pc's but can't get into them.

Well with this post you gave us no info on what your problem is or was so how can we help you? If you looked around your question might have seen a thread that already answered your question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have to agree. I have no problem sharing with my PC in either direction. But how do you expect anyone to help you when you give no details?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
dont be so hard on him, itrs bad eough he has to use a wintel machine at all. lol.

Reaction score
Macman said:
dont be so hard on him, itrs bad eough he has to use a wintel machine at all. lol.

Score 1 for MacMan.....(G)

Reaction score
its going to be one of two things, one apple talk may need to be installed or two you may need to setup accounts for for pcs for the mac to connect like a guest account because if you have a win 98 machine connecting to a win xp machine you have to setup a guest account on the xp machine before the win 98 machine can connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.