iPhone Screen Replacement Problems

Reaction score
So I recently got my screen replaced by JetCity in Chicago for $140... two days later I dropped my phone and the screen shattered again. This time I was determined to change the screen myself. I ordered a new screen, took apart the phone without any kinks, replaced the screen, made sure everything was connected, and put the phone back together. I turned it on and all I saw was a blue vertical bar across the center of the screen, which stayed there for awhile, until the phone finished booting up and then the phone screen went into standby or whatever. I can connect the phone to the computer and it's recognized by iTunes, so everything else in the phone appears to be working except the output to the screen. Thinking it was a faulty replacement screen, I connected my old cracked screen back up, and the same blue bars appeared. I'm not sure what to do at this point. If anyone has any clue as to what the problem is, PLEASE tell me. I've had an iPhone since the original came out and I've been using a $4.99 att goPhone as a replacement and I'm slowly dying while attempting to use it day to day... I'll attach photos of what the phone now looks like when I press the home button to wake it up. Any ideas are MUCH appreciated.

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm thinking when you dropped your phone the second time it may have damaged something on the logic board. If you're sure you replaced the screen correctly and have gone back over your work, it's likely something else was damaged in the drop besides the screen.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Well the sad thing is that the screen still worked fine, just the glass was broken. I just was growing tired of broken glass and wanted it replaced. The screen itself worked flawlessly... just cracked glass. I can swipe my finger along the bottom of the screen now and then tap around and I can hear the clicks as I hit the numbers to enter my passcode.. I just can't see what I'm hitting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Always let apple do it!!!

I see these kinds of scenarios all too often- honestly, you should've NEVER tried doing it yourself. The iPhone is not designed for average folks to repair it. All you had to do is take it to your nearest Apple Store and have them replace it. OR use AppleCare. NEVER try doing repairs yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
my friend has did something like this when his iphone fell in water .....
he blow dry it (till a long time but didnt opened it)
and now even people at istore in dubai are not able to repair it....

so repairing of any electrical devices should left in hand of experts as otherwise you are going to get in trouble if not done properly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 inch nvidia 6gb ram, 13 in MacBook pro 320gb 4 gb ram, iPad 16 gb 3G, iPhone 4 Verizon 16g
I see these kinds of scenarios all too often- honestly, you should've NEVER tried doing it yourself. The iPhone is not designed for average folks to repair it. All you had to do is take it to your nearest Apple Store and have them replace it. OR use AppleCare. NEVER try doing repairs yourself.

I guess if you like to pay triple to get a new screen the you could do the above

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I guess if you like to pay triple to get a new screen the you could do the above

And when you do that they usually give you a whole new phone. Then send the phone out to get refurbished.

Reaction score
So I recently got my screen replaced by JetCity in Chicago for $140... two days later I dropped my phone and the screen shattered again. This time I was determined to change the screen myself. I ordered a new screen, took apart the phone without any kinks, replaced the screen, made sure everything was connected, and put the phone back together. I turned it on and all I saw was a blue vertical bar across the center of the screen, which stayed there for awhile, until the phone finished booting up and then the phone screen went into standby or whatever. I can connect the phone to the computer and it's recognized by iTunes, so everything else in the phone appears to be working except the output to the screen. Thinking it was a faulty replacement screen, I connected my old cracked screen back up, and the same blue bars appeared. I'm not sure what to do at this point. If anyone has any clue as to what the problem is, PLEASE tell me. I've had an iPhone since the original came out and I've been using a $4.99 att goPhone as a replacement and I'm slowly dying while attempting to use it day to day... I'll attach photos of what the phone now looks like when I press the home button to wake it up. Any ideas are MUCH appreciated.

I get the same, have you got any solution yet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.