Need some help please

Reaction score
Hey guys, took three keys off of my macbook pro to clean underneath and I can't seem to be able to get them back on.

It's a 15 inch pro that I got just this past christmas, so I'd say its the late 2010 model, if thats any help at all.

Note: these are the skip back key (F7) skip forward (F9) and play key (F8)

My main problem is the annoying plastic brackets that are under the key. I can't get them back on to the keyboard. I always end up getting the two little joints on eitheir end of the bracket secured under the two metal hooks on eitheir side of the key, (to the left) but then that one bigger square on the bracket that u hook underneath the curved metal thing (theres only one and its on the right side of the key on the keyboard) always pops off. so i have one side of the plastic bracket secured under the two smaller metal brackets, and the right or east side of the bracket is laying on top of the bigger metal hook.

Sorry that must be very confusing to read but I don't know any other way to describe it.

Also, how do you put the black key on once the plastic bracket is in place? do you slide it on? many times I do this and its not completely on, then when i try and pop it off the plastic bracket comes off with the key, still secured under the key.

PLeasse pleassse help. thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
I would go to the Genius Bar at your local apple store. They probably wouldn't charge you anything to put your keys back on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Been there done that (twice). They'll fix it for free. Just make an appt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Here's how we did it at the bar... you'll want to remove the scissor mechanism from the key and make sure it's seated properly on the computer itself. Once that's done, center the key over the scissor mech and gently press it down until you hear it snap into place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.