ichat problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white mac os 10.6.3
im running on os x 10.6.3.
just got my mac a few weeks ago and im tryna ichat w/ a lady friend. my problem is it keeps connecting us but for only a few seconds before it says connection error that apple cant identify... she says her ichat works fine w/ other ppl. my wifi connection is strong as well so what can be the problem?..
thanks in advance.

OP
Ldawg543
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white mac os 10.6.3
anyone?...anyone?

OP
Ldawg543
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white mac os 10.6.3
isnt there supposed to be geniuses up in here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Does she in fact have a Mac with iChat, or some other kind of machine using regular AIM?

OP
Ldawg543
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white mac os 10.6.3
she has a macbook w/ ichat as well. whenever we try and video chat it will connect us and lose connection after just a few seconds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you are not losing connection to the internet, but iChat video chat is dropping out, it could be a slowdown/timeout issue in your router settings.
Maybe you can make heads or tales out of this doc better than I can:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown

OP
Ldawg543
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white mac os 10.6.3
i took it to the genius bar. they changed the bandwith limit on the ichat preferences and it worked. the bandwith output was too much since my limit was not configured yet. thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.