Help! Mail problems.

S

scottgriffith22

I have searched numerous forums to find the answer to my problems with Mail. I am running OS X 10.2.8 imac 17" 1ghz. I for some strange reason can't send original mail with attachments or forward mail with attachments. It hangs up during the process. I know it's not the isp because I send big files on my pc. I have tried to used different mail servers and the same thing happens. I know that it is a bug in Mail that hasn't been fixed yet. I tried adding account verification under options and that didn't work either. I can receive attachments and send regular mail all day long just can't send or forward attachments. I've tried sending jpgs, ppts, and doc files so it's not limited to one file type. If I can give any more info I will. Thanks for your help in advance.

OP
A

allan

scottgriffith22 said:
I have searched numerous forums to find the answer to my problems with Mail. I am running OS X 10.2.8 imac 17" 1ghz. I for some strange reason can't send original mail with attachments or forward mail with attachments. It hangs up during the process. I know it's not the isp because I send big files on my pc. I have tried to used different mail servers and the same thing happens. I know that it is a bug in Mail that hasn't been fixed yet. I tried adding account verification under options and that didn't work either. I can receive attachments and send regular mail all day long just can't send or forward attachments. I've tried sending jpgs, ppts, and doc files so it's not limited to one file type. If I can give any more info I will. Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Scott,

Please advise if you received any suggestions to fix your problem.
My imac 700 Mhz is doing exactly the same thing with regards to trying to send any attachments via Mail.
Love the machine but this feature is driving me nuts.

OP
S

scottgriffith22

Hello

My problem seemed to be from a bad network cable, which was longer than 50 ft. patch cable. When I hooked it straight to the router with a 5 foot cable it worked fine. Hope that helps.

OP
C

curious world

Solution?

Hi
I have the same problem with sending attachments but have found that even though mail says it can not send the attachment, it has already sent it! What i do now is copy the email to myself and make the assumption that if I receive it then the person i wanted it to go to have also received it. This is not fool proof and I would like a proper solution, but it is a way round.

For big files, I simply put them on my web space and send people the link, that way they can also get files.

does anyone have an easier solution please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.2ghz/4TB/16GBram - Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel 2 duo core/4GBram/750GB
Scott I had a similar problem with attachments, so I switched to Entourage, problem solved. I don't like Microsoft stuff, but it is a well written program for the OSX. Actually, it was Outlook Express OS9 first, then I got Entourage for X. Good luck with your situation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.