Adding a folder to bookmarks bar

Reaction score
I am new to macs so go easy on me. It took me a while to figure out how to add a folder to the bookmarks, but I can't figure out how to add a folder to the bookmarks bar. To explain better, what I want is a folder titled "My Favorites" that acts like the "News" and "Popular" folders in the Bookmarks Bar. They act like dropdown menus, that is what I am trying to do. Seems simple enough. I love this Mac, it is great learning something new, I am so used to Windows that this is like an adventure;D .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz 4Gb OCZ RAM
it sounds like you have the bookmark bar already on display, so to add a folder to it, just right click, or ctrl click on the bookmark bar, select new folder, name it.

to quickly add addresses to that folder, double click the address to highlight it, then drag it to that folder.

to arrange your bookmarks, add folder within folder etc, click on the book icon on the left side of the bookmark bar.

OP
J
Reaction score
OK, that was way too simple. I was trying everything in page that comes up when you cick on the book icon on the left.

Thanks a bunch!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.