Quitting Dashboard

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
forgive me if this has been covered. i searched and came up with nothing. i find dashboard to be a waste of space on my computer. i tried adding some widgets that i found useful. i suppose at some point i'd use it so i don't want to delete it, but i'd like to be able to actually quit it to conserve my system resources. i have my computer on a pretty tight ram budget for the next couple of weeks until i can afford a 1 gb stick of ram. is there anyway i can quit dashboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Dashboard itself doesn't use any resource, it's the widgets when they're running. Just don't start any widgets and you're fine.

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
Dashboard itself doesn't use any resource, it's the widgets when they're running. Just don't start any widgets and you're fine.

cool. thanks for the heads up. i closed all the widgets and things look better on my activity monitor already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.