Apple TV closed captioning doesnt work!

Reaction score
i just rented gangs of new york on apple tv and it says CC is available in english. i went to the settings and made sure it was turned on. Nothing is coming up on the screen. it did the same thing last week with lord of the rings, and it also said CC in english was available for that movie. i checked to see if my screen wasnt on zoom or anything, it isnt at all, its just not coming up. i have pretty weak hearing and really need help with this please and thanks in advance.

OP
M
Reaction score
i just rented gangs of new york on apple tv and it says CC is available in english. i went to the settings and made sure it was turned on. Nothing is coming up on the screen. it did the same thing last week with lord of the rings, and it also said CC in english was available for that movie. i checked to see if my screen wasnt on zoom or anything, it isnt at all, its just not coming up. i have pretty weak hearing and really need help with this please and thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
These forums are not support forums. We are not Apple nor are we in any way affiliated with them. These forums are peer to peer volunteer help and assistance forums. You not only cross posted your question (posted to more than one forum) but keep posting back at short intervals.

We'd like to help you but until someone responds that knows the answer to your question, you'll just have to be patient and wait. Also, I merged your cross post together here as one post. Thanks for understanding.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.