installing snow leopard on a new imac partition

Reaction score
hi,
I am trying to install snow leopard onto an empty partition on my new imac,
i've already got a clone of my macbook system on a different partition which works great.
I have another partition, the main one with lion installed , which i don't use much just yet, as most of my music software does't work on lion just yet.

I seem to be having problems with my pro tools programme on my cloned partition, so wanted to do a fresh install of both the osx and the protools without the plugins etc.
The thing is after i've directed the install to the empty partition, it starts installing for 5 minutes , then tells me it is going to carry on installing the os once the mac restarts. So it shuts down , restarts then i get beebing from the mac, this happens everytime. the last time i tried it, there was no beeping, but loads of technical jargon, the first line of which stated that it didn't recognise the cpu ?? and asked me to restart mac. Could it be that snow leopard doesn't recognise the new chip i7 2.8ghz? but then why does the cloned partition work?

i can still use the mac from my other two partitions, but am desperate to put on a fresh install of snow leopard on this empty partition, am i missing a trick, stuck, any help would be much appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not double post - your duplicate post has been removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well if your iMac is new and came with Lion, probably no going back to an older operating system ~ lack of drivers etc. That is normal for computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.