Installing Windows 7 with Boot Camp on new iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" 2.9Gh with 16Gb memory
I have followed the Bootcamp Installation Guide and Setup guide to the letter.
After inserting the Windows 7 installation disk I selected 'Custom installation'.
The list of partitions shown included 'Disk 0 Partition 4. BOOTCAMP'
I selected this partition and received the message ' Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 4. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS'
I clicked format and the partition name changed to Disk 0 Partition 4'.
I clicked 'next' and received the message 'Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition'. I was able to do nothing further.
I have tried this three times now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
I have followed the Bootcamp Installation Guide and Setup guide to the letter.
After inserting the Windows 7 installation disk I selected 'Custom installation'.
The list of partitions shown included 'Disk 0 Partition 4. BOOTCAMP'
I selected this partition and received the message ' Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 4. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS'
I clicked format and the partition name changed to Disk 0 Partition 4'.
I clicked 'next' and received the message 'Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition'. I was able to do nothing further.
I have tried this three times now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had that problem. I think I just redid it. Just run bootcamp reintegrate the partition then do it again. Should work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Rather than partition names look for the partition that matches the size you allocated. Can be more than a little confusing all those partition names. Restart BootCamp and see if you have to remove the first partition prior to commencing again.

Don't forget to dowload drives and burn to a CD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.