Deleting photos (cached?) from the internet

Reaction score
Hi,
When I was trying to recover photos from my iMac awhile ago, I saw many, many photos on my comuter that I had never taken...I think they came from browsing the internet.

Can someone please tell me if I can clear them off from time to time? I have an iMac and a Mac Book Pro I'd like to do this to, if it is possible.

Thank you so much!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Photos are not downloaded and saved on your iMac by browsing the internet. If you have photos that you never took that are on your iMac, someone had to place them there. If someone else has access to your iMac they could have attached their camera to it at one time and the photos from the camera were uploaded.

You can delete photos anytime you desire. I'm assuming that you use iPhoto? If so, you can remove the photos from within iPhoto itself. After removing them, empty the iPhoto Trash and they will be permanently deleted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.