Aperture 2 & Front Row

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200
I am both new to Aperture 2, and OS X. (10.5.5) With that said, I have noticed the images are not as sharp in Front Row as they are directly in Aperture when editing them. Am I to assume Front Row only displays post-rendered JPG images? How can I set the quality of these images?

OP
swick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200
If you're looking for a possible answer....

Front Row uses the image previews. It cannot display the RAW files, so you have to generate previews for all files you want viewable in other applications (iLife, iWork, Front Row, etc.).

If you haven't generated previews, I wouldn't think it would work at all. But perhaps it's displaying the embedded JPEGs (which are lower-res).

So in that case, I guess you would go into preferences and set the size and jpeg quality of the previews. of course the library will grow if you set this higher. and you may have to delete previews, then recreate them for existing photos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.