Stuffit 10 doesn't work?

C

code777

This happened before with Stuffit 9. I would download an .SIT file and try to unstuff it and when its done there is nothing in the folder. When I do a restart sometimes it will work but most of the times its just an empty folder. What gives?? Thanks.

Reaction score
that happened to me once, I ran permissions, hasn't happened again in 2 months time

OP
C

code777

nope did not work. something odd though. when i unstuff and the folder is empty - all you got to do is drop something in that empty folder and viola everything appers!? this must be a bug no???

Reaction score
if the folder is empty then it will not show anything, I think I'm not understanding your question. Once youplace it in the folder, yes it will appear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I've heard of several problems with Stuffit 10, and not one good thing. I suggest you avoid it, re-install Stuffit 9, and wait until it's fixed.

Stuffit was a great utility five years ago, but it's declined considerably over the years.

OP
C

code777

technologist said:
I've heard of several problems with Stuffit 10, and not one good thing. I suggest you avoid it, re-install Stuffit 9, and wait until it's fixed.

Stuffit was a great utility five years ago, but it's declined considerably over the years.

what else can you use? Stuffit is the only one out there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.