Macbook Screen Problems.

Reaction score
Hi i was hoping someone would be able to help. I recently repaired a macbook just switching out the hd and reinstalling osx. Before i did all this i assumed the discoloration was due to a bad os or hd or i have no idea. When all was said and done i ended up with the picture below if i move the screen the colors brighten or lighten whatever they feel like doing at the time. I have moved the screen once and it worked till i turned it off. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if its just a loose cable which is repairable or a bad gpu or anything at all! I have searched almost everywhere and only see things on black and white lines or blinking screens! Anywho thanks in advance for the help!

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lmpfew.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17inch, Intel Core i7 2,6 Ghz (Boost: 3,2 Ghz), 8GB DDR3 1066Mhz, Nvidia GeForce 330M
Its a hardware issue. I think your backlight has problems. The screenshot looks fine on my macbook btw. Google for backlight repairs and you'll get a lot of solutions.

Could you make a photo to be sure?

OP
A
Reaction score
hah i actually just noticed the pictures didnt show anything useful just now. its not the back light bc its perfectly lit and that is fine its just when i move the colors will to change to random shades of green. at this present moment im using it fine with random green pixel dots all over the place im hoping its just a bad cable and i think thats what it is. These screws are impossible though!

OP
A
Reaction score
i finally was able to get pictures of the actual problem if anyone will help!!
the parts that are green are actually supposed to be black.
zm1bo0.jpg

rlz1vr.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.