Can't download certain things from the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch macbook(black) 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz
When I try to download flash player from facebook, or a mixtape from datpiff.com, or when I try to download the software Spotify sent to me to listen to their music it takes me to a new window and the address bar fills up like the page is loading. Then once the page is supposedly done loading nothing happens; the page just stays blank and it never downloads the mixtape, the flash upgrade, or the spotify software. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I'd really appreciate any help anyone has to offer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Which version od OSX do you have?

Which browser are you using?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have lion 10.7.3 but this was happening before I every went to lion, and i'm using safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Do you see anything in the downloads folder - a part file perhaps.

When you click the download monitor (top-right of the Safari window) does anything show in there.

Do you get the same results in another browser - firefox? chrome?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well. I've got to say I feel like a bit of an idiot. I didn't need to download the flash upgrade in chrome and the mixtape downloaded from datpiff so i'm assuming the spotify download will work too. In safari though there was nothing; no downloads in either the file or at the top right of the browser page. It won't be hard for me to just start using chrome as my main browser from now on but would you happen to know what the deal was with safari? If not no worries. Like I said I'm not going to make a big deal out of having to use a different browser but I am a fan of safari and wouldn't mind continuing to use it. Oh and I just made this account today do I click on the icon with the thumbs up on your comments to confirm that you've helped me for the reputation system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chrome didn't need to download flash because it has it built-in.

re: safari - Does it happen with all downloads? Try the itunes download form the Apple site

Do you have any security software installed?

Yes the rep button is the thumbs up next to the 'permalink'

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no i don't have any problems with those(itunes updates, any applications from app store, or say if i bought some software over the internet) and i was thinking the security software might be a possibility but i wouldnt even know what to search for to get rid of it. i mean i remember downloading mackeeper but i never fully installed it so i just assumed that it wouldnt have anything to do with my problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.