Printer Trouble

Reaction score
I just got a MBP, and on the laptop I used to use I had an HP Photosmart Printer wirelessly connected to it to print. I've been trying to figure out how to configure my printer to my new mac, and I've had zero luck. I'm completely lost when it comes to adding a printer....and the trouble is, that when I add it, I don't want to add anything but the drivers...I hate adding a printer on to a laptop and a bunch of new software gets added to...

Anyone know if this is possible?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which model of HP Photosmart do you have? Is it multifunction? And I take it you downloaded the HP drivers and software for your printer and installed them? Are you using System Preferences, Print & Fax panel to add the printer?

Before you can get the printer up via wireless you should first attach a USB cable to it and get it working wired. Then use the HP software to install the printer again but this time as wireless. It's kind of a two step process. I had to do the same thing with my wireless printer.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.