Macbook Pro screen goes black after apple logo screen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, I have a Macbook Pro A1286 that I had to replace the screen, now when I turn on the screen I get the grey screen and startup sound with the apple logo and sprocket timer spinning, but no progress bar. Once the timer stops spinning the screen goes black, but I can hear that the laptop is still running.

I thought it was the battery but the I have the laptop plugged in. Any ideas on how to fix this issue.

Thanks
Jim

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My Mactracker shows your machine to be a Mid 2009 15" MacBook Pro LED backlighted.

The only thing I can suggest is to go over your work again to make sure all cables are in place correctly and not being pinched off. Pay special attention to cables that plug into the logic board.

Also, when the screen goes black... use a flashlight to shine on it to see if you can make out whether there is video or not. It's possible the video is OK but the backlight is not working. Another test would be to hook an external monitor up to your MBP to see if that's working OK.

You can check your work at the ifixit web site. iFixit: The free repair manual

OP
J
Reaction score
Screen hangs at startup

I have a Macbook Pro A1286 that I recently change the lcd screen that was cracked. No when I turn on the laptop the apple logo comes on the progress bar loads very slowly and the timer sprocket just spins, nothing happens. I usually have to press the power button to shut off. It did one time do a internet connect repair. Any ideas how to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Jim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Threads merged (same topic). Threads also moved to better sub-forum (Apple Notebooks).

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Macbook hangs on Sprocket timer spinning

I have a Macbook Pro A1286 that I recently change the lcd screen that was cracked.

Now when I turn on the laptop the apple logo comes on, the progress bar loads very slowly and the timer sprocket just spins, nothing happens. I usually have to press the power button to shut it off. It did one time do a internet connect repair.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Jim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Threads merged for a 2nd time. It is not necessary to post 3 threads for the same topic.

Thanks for understanding.

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Not the same issue

Before i thought it was a hardware problem, not I am thinking it is could be the OS. Thats why I was posting a new thread in the OS section.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Before i thought it was a hardware problem, not I am thinking it is could be the OS. Thats why I was posting a new thread in the OS section.

Regarding the title of your post ("Not the same issue")...yes it is the same issue. The "same issue" is the display of your MacBook Pro goes black after the computer is started up.

What is not the "same issue" is your theory why this happens. You can have multiple theories as to what the problem is...but each "theory" does not require the posting of a brand new thread.

Everything (all theories) can be discussed in a single thread.:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And.... did you pay any attention to my reply to your original post of the problem? If you keep posting the same thing and don't tell us what you've done to resolve the difficulty or respond to any replies, don't expect any further help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.