Mighty Mouse problem!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
Hi my scroll wheel suddenly stopped working - but not completely. It allows me to scroll up but not down. Which is great when I'm at the bottom of a website and want to go back up....but not so great at the beginning. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks guys!!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
ha i really was like this is so stupid! Its broken how is rubbing it on a wet cloth going to fix it - i read what you said + apple.com, wet a peper towel did what it said for like 10 seconds and BAM i can scroll both up and down haha thank you so much....so simple....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I'm glad it worked for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
This is why I am getting a Logitech MX Revolution mouse.

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to mine.. except i couldn't scroll up, only down. Went into a mac store and they told me to do the same thing as you guys have done except that i should use one of those alcohol swabs from a med kit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Sometimes I just blow on mine and the little bit of moisture and moving it around fixes it. Not really a big deal, everything gets dirty and needs to be maintained. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
This is why I am getting a Logitech MX Revolution mouse.

Meh, it's not that big a deal to clean: it doesn't need it often and only takes a few seconds to clean. I can usually get it working by just rubbing it vigorously in my palm.

I don't want to change because I love the design and the fact that it's warrantied 3 years under my Applecare plan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.