Safari 4

Reaction score
I downloaded the newest upgrade for itunes and cannot access the itunes store now due to not having the newest upgrade for safari. Is there a a way around this or a downloadable version for my model I have a MacOS 10.5.5

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of error are you receiving? Some folks already have the latest Safari 4.03 installed and are still getting an error when trying to access the new iTunes 9.0 store. See the following Link

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
The iTunes Store is built into iTunes; you don't access it from a browser. Safari 4.03 is required because iTunes uses it as something of a framework for accessing the Store within iTunes (if that makes sense). You can still use iTunes, but the Store won't work unless Safari 4.03 is installed. Just go to Apple menu-->"About this Mac"-->"Software Update" and it should work.
Hope this helps.

OP
soulfire363
Reaction score
I appriciate the help but i can't find a downloadable version. I'm using a macbook pro OS X 10.5.5 standard operating system that came with it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can get Safari 4.0.3 through Software Update (as explained by zacharace). along with other security updates/patches that you should really have installed. For instance, the most current version of 10.5 is 10.5.8 which you should update to so you are patched up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I'm going to go ahead and second van smith's recommendation. Install your freaking updates unless you have like, a 56k internet connection... which with a macbook you can't because you don't have a built in modem, or are stealing wireless from the hotel across the street or something.

Another thing... how did you manage to update itunes but not get all your other software updates? Did you somehow turn off automatic software update checks? I tried to do that on my eMac when I installed Leopard, but it wouldn't let me. Have you just been hitting ignore? Install that crap. Updates are always good. Especially when they're FREE. It's not like Windows here... our updates are good and actually make sense and do good things. And they're free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Can you go to apple.com and hit downloads and manually download Safari 4?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.