• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Could my iMovie software be corrupt?

Reaction score
Hello everybody!! I'm a new Mac user, but my BIL worked at Apple and I would consider him an expert (lucky for me!). I successfully created a short movie with a song attached in iMovie and also turned it into a Quicktime movie (go me!). It was pretty easy.

However, now every time I try to create a movie and save it, it tells me the file is rendering. I read up on rendering, but the problem is that it NEVER stops rendering. I even tested this with just one clip and no music. It shouldn't take forever to render. It also won't let me save the file - again because it's rendering.

It's also IMPOSSIBLE to drag a clip with your mouse and shorten it's length. I have tried everything (including reading all the tutorials) and it just doesn't work. BIL looked at it quickly this a.m. before work and he said that he has always had issues with dragging and shortening a clip and showed me a shortcut, but that didn't satisfy me. LOL! I want to DRAG it with the mouse (easier and quicker).

If anybody has any suggestions about this rendering thing, that would be great. BIL suggested re-loading iMovie on my Mac (OS X Tiger 10.4.10), but I'm nervous to start removing and adding software if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.