MacBook USB disabled

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a 13" white MacBook and a couple of days ago I plugged in my iPhone 4S to update it with my iTunes and I got this message.
5qowi.jpg

I tried using a different cord and a different device but still the same message.
I looked online for a solution online and I did a SMC reset but that didn't change the situation.

The weird thing is that the same day my wall outlet charger for my iPhone stopped working as well. I tried a different plug, different device, and different cord but nothing.

I know that it's not my iPhone because when I put it in my iHome and in the car charger it worked. I just don't know what's wrong and could use some help or advice. Like is it just a coincidence that my MacBook's usb and my wall outlet usb both stopped working on the same day or what?

Thanks in advance,
Cyndi V

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The iPhone and iPad draw more current then what can be sustained on a MacBook and most MacBook Pro machines. Your wall charger going out the same time is probably coincidental. You might also try doing a PRAM reset to see if you can awaken the USB ports.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.