Any news of a 30" iMac w/ Retina Display?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
I haven't heard anything about a 30" iMac with retina display yet. Have any of you?

I already have a relatively new (2011) 27" iMac. Which i wasn't planning to replace for a few years....UNLESS Apple puts out a 30" version w/ retina display. Better yet a 32" version. That would make me think twice about buying another.

Perhaps Apple could get EIZO to make their screens or NEC. This way the 30" or 32" could be more color accurate (for photographers not wanting to foot the bill for a Mac Pro + 30" screen).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I'm not sure if Apple will come out with a 30" retina display, if they do it's likely going to be years from now, you have any idea how many pixels it would take for a screen like that? I'm sure just the retina 15" MBP was a challenge.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Wrong forum. Not a community announcement. Please read our forum descriptions before posting. Moved here to "Desktops".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.