wanna back up macbook

Reaction score
ok so this is probably a real noob question and well i am still sorta a noob with macs ( had my macbook about a year )
i jsut got a 1TB HD to back up my machine

when i got he mac i upgraded the drive to a 250 shortly after

here are my questions
i really want to find all of my original pics on the mac.
( i have found them in finder but also a ton of mac graphics ) however i do have some broken links in iphoto for some groups of photos where i click to open and it cant find them so i need to find all the real originals

this would be easy if i did it correctly from the start but i didnt put everything int he pics folder because my canon camera would only allow me to import thru iphoto which i wont be using after the rebuild

i want to copy all my photos, music, to the drive everything else i can get back or re-enter after i rebuild this book

please help me find all my photos and music so i can get this done

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm rather confused, are the photos on your backup external drive, or on your MB?

OP
S
Reaction score
on the macbook
but i found a way to get them all i beleive under finder... all save data jpg

i think

Reaction score
Try control click on the photos in iphoto. The pop-up menu will get u a choice to find the original , hopefully! If not, what version of iphoto are u using? Because in iphoto'08, the iphoto library is hidden so you can only find the original through the pop-up menu. But for eariler version, you should find the original photos in iphoto library under the user home folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.