MS Office 2011 - licences help please

Reaction score
I purchased MS Ofiice 2011 from software4students for my daugther to use on her school projects, it came with a single licence, but what I would like to know is which user do I install it under ?

We have 3 user accounts, Me as Admin, Wife as general user & daughter as a general user with parental control on. Can I only install it under 1 user (Daughter Acct.) with only that user able to use it or can I install it on 1 user (Admin Acct.) with any of us able to access it, as we did on pc.

Help on this subject would be good as I'm looking at doing the install this weekend ;-)

Thanks.

C

chas_m

The license covers one MACHINE, not one account.

You should install the software as the admin. It will be available for all other user accounts.

OP
R
Reaction score
Chas_m, cheers that was the answer I was hoping for :D
Is that the same for all software, install on an admin user then all other users on that mac will see the software?

With regards to user accounts, how is best to set the mac up, as stated I've got me as Admin, wife as general user & daughter as general user with parental, is it an idea to have a general user account for me as well for everyday use & only use the admin account when installing or maintance on the mac?

General answers on this point would be good as i'm new to the world of mac's & loving it at the moment :)

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
With regards to user accounts, how is best to set the mac up, as stated I've got me as Admin, wife as general user & daughter as general user with parental, is it an idea to have a general user account for me as well for everyday use & only use the admin account when installing or maintance on the mac?

It's not necessary. Since you already have an Admin account there is no need for you to also have a general user account. The idea of having a separate account for general use is a carry over from Windows usage where that procedure is actually a good idea. Not needed on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.