Windows on Mac and VM

Reaction score
I know this is stupid and I apologize for taking up time and space for this question! I am very newbie...I have a new MacBook Pro i7. Am switching over from Windows 7. I have some applications on the PC that I need. I can get my docs via a network, but not the applications. So if I use VM Fusion, will that only work as long as my PC is on? If I use bootcamp, do I need to keep my pc or can i just get rid of the awful Toshiba?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Suggest investing in a thumb drive, formatting NTFS and dragging applications to that. Install Windows 7 on the MBP via Bootcamp and then plug in the thumb drive when booted in Windows and simply drag to the desktop and let them run.

Some folk use Parallels 6 or similar as you can switch between SL and W7 without a reboot.

OP
B
Reaction score
thank you so much. I like the thumb drive idea best. I will research how to format for NTFS. Do you know if this will also solve the problem I'm having with the belkin router and my printer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.