Question about buying TV shows off iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
I was thinking about buying a couple episodes of Heroes off the itunes store, but first I just wanted to find out a couple of things:

1. Can you burn episodes on to discs?

2. Can you remove an episode, and go back and download it later?

I dont want to buy the episode if I know that the 500 mb file has to stay on my computer in order to ever view it again. What do you guys do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1 - Nope

2 - What do you mean by "remove"? If you mean download, delete and then re-download for free, no.

You can back up the files to a data CD or DVD I believe.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
Oh that sucks, but if it is true that you can back up onto a data CD then that would be cool, I will try that out.

-Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
The shows are just .m4v files sitting in your iTunes Music folder under the TV Shows folder. You can back them up to disc the same way you would backup any other file. baggss is correct in saying they cannot be burned to disc, but I'm sure he thought you were asking if they could be burned onto a disc that your DVD player would be able to play.

And he is also correct in saying that you cannot re-download a file that has already been downloaded. It's unfortunate they don't allow that. Audible allows you to download a purchased audiobook as many times as you want, but iTunes only allows you to download a purchase once (unless of course you pay for it a second time).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.