cheap gaming mac..?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Graphite 500MHz G3, 640 MB Ram
Hey,

I am only young and don't have alot of money. My family Mac is old... I was thinking the best way to get a decent G4 for games. Would it be best to buy a relatively cheap tower and upgrade or buy a newer one or what..? Anyone got an idea on this?

Thanks.

S

StarManta

Although that subject line seems like a glaring contradiction... :) I'd say a G4 tower would be your best bet.

OP
Joeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heh, yeah, me and my brother have like £450 MAX to spend... So I doubt I can realistically get one... But it's worth looking around places like this to get some professional opinions ;)

W

WilliS

as sad as this sounds, if your looking for dirt cheap gaming, you might wanna get a pc for more than 1 reason.

1) more games available for a pc
2) cheaper to buy a low line pc and still get some good gaming out of it

im a gamer, ive always been a gamer... and in my dorm room i have: dual g5, ibook 600, and a 1ghz althon...the only reason i have a pc is just to play some games now and again....soon enough everything will be dual platform... and all will be good... but til then, look into a mid level Dell or something

if your into RPG games, you might want to check out blizzards new game world of warcraft... its not out yet, but its a very addicting and fun style of gaming....great for many many hours of fun. www.worldofwarcraft.com ...upon its release it will probably be the biggest game to ever hit mac.

good luck :) -- i cant wait to try world of warcraft...i hope they pick me to beta test it...not too many crazy gamers with college OC3 line and a dual G5 to test out the best of the best hehe

OP
Joeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man I refuse to get a Windows PC. I mean I want my Mac for other things (school work, internet, and my family may use it too..), but mainly gaming. So I definitely want a Mac. I always stick to my Mac and try to tell my friends how good it is, and if I get a Windows machine I will be ridiculed for a loooong time :)

Thanks for your advice though.

Oh, and I think RPGs are lame. Heh, I prefer strategy/action shooters. Not that it matters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.