• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converting Videos to .mtv

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Haven't been here in a while. Anyways, I recently purchased the Transcend 8GB mp3 player. I was so excited to get it at a cheap price, and it seemed mac-friendly too. One problem: videos must be .mtv format (or so I've heard, read, and think). I've tried adding videos from other formats, but it's a no go. The player came with a CD that converts the videos, but it is windows only. Do you know any programs that could possibly convert videos to .mtv?
Thanks,
-Skull

Reaction score
bumping this up in case anybody knows the answer. I just bought 3 Coby MP610 for my kids (I thought it was a steal for $35 at Toys R Us!). The packaging says it's Mac compatible, but I have looked everywhere trying to find something that will convert my video files to .mtv files. It appears that everything is Windows based including the converter on the Coby website. If I can't find anything I'm just going to return them and buy a refurbished Nano (which I probably should have done in the first place). They'll just have to share (insert major headache here).

HELP....PLEASE....for my sanity. :)

C

chas_m

bumping this up in case anybody knows the answer. I just bought 3 Coby MP610 for my kids (I thought it was a steal for $35 at Toys R Us!). The packaging says it's Mac compatible, but I have looked everywhere trying to find something that will convert my video files to .mtv files. It appears that everything is Windows based including the converter on the Coby website. If I can't find anything I'm just going to return them and buy a refurbished Nano (which I probably should have done in the first place). They'll just have to share (insert major headache here).

HELP....PLEASE....for my sanity. :)

Congratulations, you have discovered WHY Apple has 90% of the MP3/video player market conquered.

It's because Apple doesn't lie to you, and because they don't make cheap pieces of crap.

Now go and get a Nano. You might want to look at getting two older (refurb) nanos from Apple's refurb store instead ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.