AT&T-less.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' MBP - 2.53GHz C2D - 4Gb ddr3- 250Gb HD - OSX.6/ XP Pro (via boot camp)
I just received my first apple notebook in the mail this week. I was a little nervous about switching as I've been an avid PC guy for the last 12 years, but after only 3 days I can see that the switch will be a permanent one! My new MBP is incredible!!!!:D

My only dilemma is.... I've always had "windows-based" smartphones..... and with AT&T having crap for service way up in Maine, I'm curious as to what other people in my predicament have done.

I have Verizon now.... which gives me a variety of choices....

What else works well with the Apple platform??

I've been looking into Android technology-

Any thoughts????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Cross posting is frowned upon here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: 13" white MacBook | 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB RAM |250GB HDD
and with AT&T having crap for service way up in Maine, I'm curious as to what other people in my predicament have done.

Do you know how T-Mobile coverage is in your area? You could always get an iPhone & unlock it, which would allow its use w/a T-Mo SIM card. If you're happy w/VZW - or that's your only/best choice - hopefully someone else can chime in. I have an iPhone on AT&T now, and have never had VZW so unfortunately I can't offer much help there.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There might be..may be..possibly..an iPhone version headed to Verizon..but you didn't hear that from me..;)

Android phones are quite nice and should interface fine with the Mac..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
The only other smartphone I would personally besides my (the) iPhone consider is a BlackBerry (had a Bold 9700 for a few weeks in January in between iPhones). 95% sure that RIM makes a native BlackBerry Desktop Connect package for Mac, and BlackBerries in general are known to work relatively well with Macs.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you know how T-Mobile coverage is in your area? You could always get an iPhone & unlock it, which would allow its use w/a T-Mo SIM card. If you're happy w/VZW - or that's your only/best choice - hopefully someone else can chime in. I have an iPhone on AT&T now, and have never had VZW so unfortunately I can't offer much help there.

Unlocking an iPhone and using it with T-Mobile sounds great until you see the price for an unlocked iPhone 3G. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.