App behaves strangely when double-clicked vs command-line

Reaction score
I'm currently re-branding and customizing the SeaMonkey browser. None of that is really important except for the fact that I see different behavior in how I run the program: double-clicking the icon vs running from command-line.

Basically, I've created my own binary executable that starts the browser with command-line arguments. If I run the binary executable which is the file that is referenced by "Executable file" in Info.plist at the command-line, my browser starts perfect every time (./foomozlauncher).

However, if I run my browser by double-clicking the icon it sometimes starts in a strange state where I can't focus or type in any textboxes in the browser. I can make this consistently happen if I wipe the profile cache and upon the first start up (via double-clicking) it enters the messed-up state and every subsequent start-up works fine as if I had run it via command-line. If I run via command-line the browser starts *perfectly* no matter whether I've wiped the profile cache or not.

So what I need to know is where the problem lies via double-clicking. I thought running the same "Executable file" at the command line was identical to running the app via double-clicking the icon. Doesn't double-clicking in effect just run the binary executable identified by the "Executable file" field in Info.plist? If so why does running that same binary at the command-line always work but double-clicking the app icon create the strange behavior?

I will attach my Info.plist and maybe someone might see something missing that I need. I do know that the SeaMonkey browser uses Rosetta which I've already installed if that makes any difference.

View attachment Info.plist.txt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.