Help: Mac reboot is taking over 3 hours after installing mountain lion

Reaction score
So, I've downloaded OS X ML from the app store and when it was done, I started the installing process. After the pre-installing part which took about three minutes or so, the mac restarted and it's been 3 hours now and the screen is still white with a little rainbow-coloured thingy going in circle. I feel like this shouldn't take so long and I don't know what to do. And I'm not a computer genius, so I'm kind of desperate here. Is this normal? Should I wait or is there something I should do?

Please help a stupid 18 years old girl that can't even upgrade her Mac properly. Please?

(Yes, I met all the before-downloading-requirements. Appropriate MacBook and I had OS X Lion.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
this is not normal, can you force shut down the macbook by pressing the on/off button ? reboot it see how it reacts.if not okay did your make a reboot able osx on dvd, sdhc or thumb drive ? if yes, re install the osx by rebooting, when chime sounds press option key, if all fails down load again make sure you create an osx reboot able media. try install again.good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.